Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Request For Prayer



Buck [seated] with his two sons

A very good friend of mine, Buck Pennington, has become ill enough to be hospitalized. Would you please say a prayer for him?

(Buck would probably add "... to The Deity At Hand" and, with his chosen theological assumptions in mind, I won't discourage whatever you do or whomever you direct it toward. I'm sort of a backslidden semi-Catholic with strong Protestant leanings, though, so my choice would be that you direct them to The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, by way of Jesus.)

That's about all for today. Thank you for your help.


13 comments:

Craig said...

I'm pretty sure The Deity At Hand knows Who He is, whether we do or not. . .

;)

And He's got the hairs on Buck's head counted (even if, as it is in my case, that's a steadily decreasing number). . .

Shammickite said...

He's already in my thoughts and prayers. Who do I pray to? I'm never sure, but the sky, the forest, the land, the sea.... they look after us.

Daryl said...

done

Joanna Jenkins said...

Please God, watch over Buck Pennington and bring him back to good health.
Amen.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Nice work, Jim.

joeh said...

Done.

Juli said...

I send some up, to which ever one wants to listen. :)

Hilary said...

I'm sorry that your friend is not well. I will certainly keep him in my best thoughts. Good vibes being sent his way.

Michelle H. said...

Many prayers!

Jackie said...

Prayers for Buck.
Thank you for letting us know so that we can pray for him....

Jimmy said...

Done Jim.

messymimi said...

Yes, i will be praying for him.

Ruby said...

My prayers for Buck to get well soon.