Friday, April 27, 2007

Very Bad News Received

I had a story ready to go for today, but I just received the most horrible news I've heard in years. I'll be back on Monday with my story.

You all know how I feel about the Magazine Man. He is, in my opinion, the best writer on the Internet. He deserves every plaudit he gets, and he gets a lot of them. He is also a very nice person, with a lovely family.

Great joy came his way when his third child, a daughter, was born just a short while back - a week or ten days.

On the heels of that wonderful occurrence, today came devastating news. Both of his parents are dead, victims in a traffic accident.

Please, if you have enjoyed his stuff, go to his site and offer what words you may. I couldn't find any that are sufficient.

11 comments:

Ali P said...

HOLY>>>>>>! I am shocked..On my way!..............

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Done! Thanks for letting us know.

Michael Leggett said...

My Prayers will be offered

David Sullivan said...

MM is a great writer and I've enjoyed his stuff since you turned me on to him. I'll send my condolences.

Sassy said...

This sucks so much...

Johnny C. said...

Hey man,

Yeah, I read the news this morning. It's really unfortunate. I have no idea what that must be like.

Betty Blog said...

Oh wow, that is so sad. Esp. since his parents never got to meet his newest one.

Melinda said...

Sully - I know you don't think your words are good enough, but I honestly have to say that every time you've offered support to somebody (me included), you've said exactly the right thing.

SInce MM is anonymous, i guess trying to send flowers or something from us bloggers wouldn't work. I've been trying to think of something that could be done, but haven't come up with anything that would really work. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Sully, just knowing that you care, and that you send your most heartfelt prayers probably means more to MM than we can imagine right now.

You are a Good Egg, and we are all the richer for knowing you.

Thim :)

Suldog said...

There are some ideas floating around concerning we who have been so thoroughly entertained by MM doing something for him during this time of grief. If interested in getting into the discussions, please write - suldog@aol.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.