Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Hey! Here I Am Again!


Rumors of this blog's demise (started by me) were obviously exaggerated. Or at least a lie, because here I am again! Of course, there isn't anything here that hasn't been here before. It is still just a way to get you to click onto this link to the Boston Herald, which will bring you to my latest piece for that august journal (even though it's only June.)

As always, I'm happy that you hardy few are still coming around to see if I might have reformed or something. Maybe someday. In the meantime, please believe me when I say I'm grateful. I am.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the Herald piece.

Soon, with more better stuff.

(I've been telling that lie for so long, I see no overwhelming reason to stop now.)

6 comments:

messymimi said...

You, i will agree, are quaintly attractive, but Your Wife is beautiful, no updating needed. And on the rare occasions i've seen the show, i've almost always picked a different house, too.

Craig said...

Well, I don't know if it's still true, but a few years ago, Lansing was right at the top of the list of Most Affordable Housing in the entire US. Of course, from a supply-and-demand standpoint, that probably just means our houses are the least desirable. . .

Anonymous said...

Yea !!!! You're still here. Now I'll have to watch House Hunters to see what you're talking about. See how following you broadens my horizons' !!!!! Linda in Tn.

Jono said...

I agree that we don't need updating as we are now considered vintage and quite valuable. At least to ourselves. There is a show called Fixer Upper that finds houses in Texas that are also dirt cheap and remodels them. They have single-handedly driven up the price of shiplap, a lower quality board that was commonly used before the invention of plywood. It's all the rage now. Joanna's signature decorator piece is a large clock in every remodel.

joeh said...

I love that show, and well done.

I love how the outdated rooms that need redoing would have been "Retro wonderful" if they would just leave them alone for a few years.

Jimmy said...

Like you we rarely agree with the tastes and ideas of the younger generations, everything I own is outdated to them but as long as we enjoy it then it is still in style.

Enjoyed the article Jim and glad to see you still around.