Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cleaning Out My Meme Files



The picture above is apropos of absolutely nothing. So is every word below.

I've previously explained my stance on memes. The short version? I simultaneously like them and hate them. You can read the reasons at the link. If you plan on tagging me, you should definitely take note.

Be that as it may - and may it as that be - here are three memes. Now that I'm getting them out of my brain, maybe I'll be able to remember more important stuff.

The first comes from Crazy Cath over at Cath's Cradle. The usual rules seem to apply, so I won't list them.

(A) Four places I go over and over:

Well, this seems highly personal, but OK.

1 - The bathroom at home.
2 - The men's room at work.
3 - The men's room at TD BankNorth Garden
4 - A convenient alleyway, if need be.

I must admit I was surprised by Crazy Cath's answers. She always seemed much more genteel and ladylike, but here were the places she named:

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses,
DS-Kid's school,
Mum and Dad's home,
and garden centers.
Any garden center, over and over again.


CC, it sounds as though you have a problem. If you were a man, I'd suggest having a look at your prostate (well, having someone else look at it, as it wouldn't be easy to see it yourself) but since you're of the female persuasion, all I can do is recommend you get to your OB/GYN before the folks at those garden centers discover what you're doing.

(B) Four people who e-mail me regularly:

1 - My Mom.
2 - My Uncle Jim.
3 - Tara.
4 - Fred.

After naming them here, they'll probably never e-mail me again.

(C) Four of my favorite places to eat:

I eat foods, not places. This makes no sense at all, unless this is some sort of oral sex thing we're talking about. If so, I'm not one to eat and tell.

(D) Four places I'd rather be:

There's only one: Lurking in the bushes outside of your window. As a matter of fact, I'll be there later tonight.

(E) Four TV shows I could watch over and over:

If you've got one TV show you could watch over and over, what do you need the other three for?

(F) Four people I think will respond:

Respond? To what exactly? My loving caress? A post-hypnotic suggestion? A plea for money made through the mails by a charitable organization? I need much more information before I can answer this.

****************************************************************

That takes care of Crazy Cath. Now on to Angie, over at Gumbo Writer

Here be the rules:

1 - Grab the nearest book. Open the book to page 56.

2 - Find the fifth sentence. Post the text of the next two to five sentences.

3 - Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the closest.

4 - Tag five other people to do the same.

As I said to Angie at the time I was tagged, page 56 of what I was reading didn't have any text. It just had photos of naked women. Therefore, I decided to wait until later to do the meme.

(I know this is disappointing to a number of you, but get a grip. Better yet, let go of the grip. That might solve the problem.)

Well, here's what's closest to me, now that I've finally gotten around to it:

Great Government Goofs, by Leland H. Gregory, III

Page 56 details the story of a person who only had initials for a name, similar to K.C. Jones of Celtics basketball fame (the K.C. stood for nothing other than K.C.)

"(here is the story of) R.B. Jones. R.B. decided to enlist in the army and to alleviate any problems with his name he courteously wrote it as "R(only) B(only) Jones." From that day on, his dog tags, his assignment forms, and even his discharge papers were issued under the name "Ronly Bonly Jones."

**************************************************************

And that takes care of Angie. Now on to Sarah.

As with Crazy Cath, the usual rules.

7 things I plan to do before I die

1 - Well, first, I'm going to finish this m


26 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

LOL! That is the most original way I've seen someone sneak out of completing a meme. I'm assuming you are still actually alive. : )

Suldog said...

Nope. Dead as a doornail.

Unknown said...

With that much randomness to report it is understandable how you would have dropped dead mid word. Classic.

Suldog said...

Well, it was somewhat of a surprise. I probably should have expected it, but nothing I can do about it now.

Being dead is rather interesting, actually. I appear to be able to do everything I used to do. Hmmmmm.

Nestor Family said...

You're a hoot!

lime said...

suldog, old enough to know better but young enough to have fun pretending otherwise, passed away at 12:34 pm today. he was found slumped over his computer. investigators believe fowl play was involved as a rubber chicken was found at the scene. the victim is survived by HIS WIFE who was quoted as saying, "he should have been more careful about those chicks online when they tag him with memes."

RIP suldog, you shall be missed.

Karen said...

Very clever! RIP :)

Suldog said...

Heidi - I am now an EX-Hoot.

Lime - If I had known the outpouring of grief was going to be this good, I would have kicked off long ago.

Karen - Thank you. It appears that I'm not going to be able to Rest In Peace, though, because all of you people keep leaving comments I feel a need to answer. This may be MY problem, though, and not yours, so nevermind.

Buck said...

We're of the same mind about memes, except for the fact I'm not dead. Yet.

Just a couple of questions: Did your entire life flash before your eyes at "the moment?" And is it true about the ice water, lack of? ;-)

GreenJello said...

Love it!

Can you tag dead people to do memes?

Michelle H. said...

Love the meme, but the hat is cute. Will it be buried with you?

Suldog said...

Buck - Yes, my entire life DID flash before my eyes. I wish I hadn't masturbated so often. As for the ice water, I haven't seen any yet. There is a coffee maker, but it appears to only make decaf. Oh, no!!!! I'm in Heck!!!

GreenJello - That appears to be a distinct possibility right now, but once I find that ice water that Buck talked about, no.

Suldog said...

MLH - Hmmmmmm. I hadn't thought about the burial thing. I was planning on being cremated. What with all the fried chicken I've eaten in my life, I should burn pretty quick.

Janet said...

I was already laughing out loud but when I got to Sarah's meme I laughed so hard I brought on an asthma attack. We discovered 2 (yes 2) rubber chickens when we cleaned out the closet the other day. I dimly recall them being props when we did "The Good Doctor" but then again, that could be wishful thinking.
I'm glad that your sudden demise has not impeded your ability to type.

Suldog said...

Janet - Yes, oddly enough they have internet access here in Heck. It's a dial-up connection, though.

Hilary said...

I'm always hesitant to click on a blog post with "meme" in the title, lest I be caught and tagged. Unlike you, there's no ambiguity about my dislike for them. Except when I read your answers.. then suddenly they're wonderful - partly because you thankfully do not tag but mostly because they're incredibly funny. Great job for a dead guy. And that funeral... make sure YOUR WIFE doesn't inform Cath. She might just go.

Unknown said...

oh dear God, i killed him!

sorry, people!!!

or maybe you should be thanking me. he is pretty amusing for a dead guy...

Suldog said...

Hilary - "She might just go."

That's the funniest line I've yet heard here in the afterlife. I believe you may have earned yourself an indulgence.

Sarah - It's OK. It didn't hurt. And, I think I may have found a way out of here! It seems there's a loophole, in that the Catholics abolished Limbo some time ago, and Heck is a suburb, so I'll be back to posting on Thursday!

This is good news, for me, but I don't know about the rest of you.

Jeni said...

I'm not overly fond -frankly, I hate 'em -of memes. Once in a blue moon someone might happen to tag me with one I think I can do -mind you, that would be a VERY BLUE moon -but usually I tend to by-pass them at all costs. Now, if I could think of a response -or several -as you did, I might think a bit differently about it. Well, I thought a bit differently about it and I reached the same conclusion. It will be once in a VERY BLUE MOON!

Angie Ledbetter said...

El-Oh-El! Loved Ronly Bonly Jones. I almost always laugh when I visit here...and sometimes it's not even AT ya, it's with ya.

PS Love the chapeau. But aren't you RUSHING the Christmas season? heheheee

Melinda said...

That is the greatest picture EVER. You should consider making that your Christmas card.

Thanks for the wonderful dose of randomness - loved it as usual :)

Anonymous said...

That was actually very funny and I just spluttered a mouthful of tea all over my desk: shame on you.Ronly Bonly Jones...oh oh, here I go again.

Ali P said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cath said...

Omygosh you got me cracking up laughing here! Thanks for the nudge that you had done this. I missed a post of yours - most unlike me! hehe

Love how you do these memes, and I really do need to get checked out. Doesn't everyone go to garden centres over and over again? Maybe I should stay home and just go at home.

Thanks for a good smile.

Cath said...

Being dead you seem to be able to post the same driv..... er ... material.
Interesting...

~j said...

your hat is much nicer than girl1's but it made her smile. =D