Thursday, November 02, 2006

Nah, I Don't Think So



There is apparently something called National Blog Posting Month. It is November. Many fine people are participating, including some of the lovely folks I link to over on the left. The idea is that, if you have a blog, you will post something every single day of the month.

I'm not participating. I will not post something every day this month. I don't expect that my non-participation will be very hard to accomplish. There has never been a single month since I started this blog when I've posted something on every day.

I don't have anything against the people who are doing this. Good for them if they can summon up the discipline to accomplish such a thing. Better for them if they can actually come up with something interesting and worthwhile every day. I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to do so. For instance, what you're reading. Could you imagine what sorts of crap I'd put out here if I actually had to face a daily deadline? Anyway, I'm not, so you don't have to worry.

I could write about The Celtics or B.C. Football every day, but what good would that do anyone? Sure, you'd all have a good laugh at my delusions of Celtic grandeur, but do you really want to laugh at me instead of with me? Well, maybe, but that doesn't mean I have to make it easy for you.

I might be back tomorrow or I might not. So there.

(Got the illustration here. Funny stuff. Go. Be entertained.)

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Heehee I just read your comment and your post - no worries, I don't take offense. I probably wouldn't have even tried to participate in this madness if Jeremy wasn't going away for 3 weeks in November. Trying to think of creative things to write about probably won't fill the void, but I'll try anything ;)

cheers

BklynSoxFan said...

I don't need no stinkin' Blogging Month to post every day, I do it every day anyway!! LOL

Unknown said...

I didn't join. I learned my lesson last year at the Holidailies, you not only had to post every day but you had to be interesting. That killed my blog! I said every interesting thing I could think of last December/January. I'm still tapped out.