Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!



If you've been coming here for any appreciable length of time, you're probably getting tired of me saying, "If you've been coming here for any appreciable length of time." Be that as it may - and it probably is - long-time readers know Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year. I've rhapsodized about it before, I'll do so again, and today's piece in the Boston Herald is more of the same.

Here's a link to it.


I hope you enjoy the piece. More importantly, though, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your coming here means the world to me. May God bless your day and may you be well aware of those blessings.

Soon, with more better stuffing.








7 comments:

messymimi said...

Any parent in the developing world who has lost a child to preventable illness or famine would trade places with any one of the talking heads that complain so much about our nation in a heartbeat.

Thanksgiving is a very special day to us, and i am going to enjoy it thoroughly.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Shammickite said...

I think I would like to come to your house at Thanksgiving and help you and your lovely wife eat the turkey. Or perhaps you could come to my house on Canadian Thanksgiving (the weather's better) and help me with my turkey! That would be wonderful. Either way..... Happy Day to you!

Anonymous said...

I wish the very best Thanksgiving Day ever to you and your beautiful wife. LINDA IN TN.

Craig said...

My family in the early 60s also bore a more-than-passing resemblance to the Cleavers. . .

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Jim. . .

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Although it's not a "true holiday" for all the Mom's and Grandma's that baked and cooked for 2 days, it is always a labor of love. I extend my THANKS! to all the people out there who work so hard to make sure our feast is enjoyable.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and YOUR WIFE, Suldog!
P.S. We had so much fun today, we're doing it again tomorrow with more family :-)

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

The Herald commenting interface was totally uncooperative with my smartphone yesterday..
Be that as it may, I was just going to echo pretty much what Craig says and add that there were six years of delivering the Thanksgiving Day newspaper, which had every merchant’s Christmas ad.

Daryl said...

life here has been crazy .. but i hope you and THE WIFE et al had the best Thanksgiving xoxo