Sunday, May 17, 2015

Balls






I know you've all been waiting with 'bated breath to hear my opinion on "Deflategate". Lucky you! It appears today in the Boston Herald.

Here it is!

(My name - that would be "Sullivan" - is what you should look for on that page. Just click it to get to my deathless prose.)

Your fawning letters of praise to the editor, as well as your obsequious comments left at the website, are not only appreciated but give me the will to live. As always, buying a hard copy of the paper could be valuable in future. When I win my Pulitzer, in 2026 or so, showing your copy of the Herald with one of my columns in it will earn you admittance to the celebratory party (which will feature FREE whoopie pies.)

So, you know what to do. And I thank you in advance for doing so.

Soon, with more better stuff.

P. S. The photo is from this place.

13 comments:

joeh said...

Bingo!!

Jackie said...

I had no idea about each team being able to bring/use their own footballs. I love your column on the subject, and I think the entire piece should end up on the commissioner's desk.....(assuming he reads. )
Great job, Jim.

Ami said...

I have new balls. They're on the counter.

I'm pretty sure no one will come and squeeze them, though.

Jackie said...

Tried to leave a comment at The Boston Herald. The only way they will let one comment now is through a Facebook login. I used to log in and post my comment and not have it linked to FB. Is that not possible any more? I would love to have commented.
Jackie

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I left a word or two at the Herald.

messymimi said...

If you leave a way for people to cheat, some of them will take it. You are spot on.

The Broad said...

It sounds to me suspiciously like a 'con'. Why has it taken so long for these accusations to be made? Do you think there may be some kind of vendetta going on against the Patriots?

Suldog said...

Thank you everyone! Yes, the Herald doesn't make it easy to comment, so I truly appreciate your efforts.

As for there being a vendetta against the Patriots... Yes and no. If they cheated - I'm still 50/50 whether they actually did - they deserve punishment. The level of punishment meted out, though, is absurd.

Craig said...

Well, you know, I was tempted to say that Tom Brady should be suspended indefinitely just because he went to Michigan, but I'm getting over that. . .

Your proposal is simplicity, elegance and common sense itself. Which means it has a snowball's chance in hell of being enacted. . .

Daryl said...

as someone once said 'stupid is, as stupid does' or something like that

i beati said...

super article low point in football I feel

Babs said...

I learned something new today. I learned the air that should be supplied to the balls are in their heads.
This is a loaded statement.
Thanks for clearing up the issue of deflate gate because I couldn't understand the deal with it to begin with.
You put it right in your article, but the bottom line, idiots with money are still in charge

Shammickite said...

I didn't find your piece, maybe I was too late.