Friday, June 03, 2011

Relaying Some Sad News



My friend, and The Best Writer On The Internet, has published something new. Unfortunately, it was sad news that brought about his return.

If you have enjoyed his writings of family, you will remember Magazine Man's good and faithful companion, Blaze. Sadly, Blaze has passed on.

Read a moving tribute HERE.

I hate to have been the bearer of such news to those of you who had thus far been unaware, but I'm fairly certain some of you would not have found out about it in a timely manner on your own, given my friend's recent lack of posts. I waited a day to give those of you who might have visited his site anyway a chance to do so.

I'll be back on Monday with something lighter.


14 comments:

Clare Dunn said...

So sorry...please relay my condolences.
xoxoxo, cd

Daryl said...

Oh .. losing a companion like Blaze is extremely sad

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Thanks Jim.

Maggie May said...

That is really sad. Its the worst part of owning a pet..... their departure.
However his end seemed very peaceful if that is any consolation.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

lime said...

sad day for magazine man's family. glad though that blaze found a loving home after a sad start and that he was in a place of love and comfort at the end.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Thanks for sharing the link. Magazine Man has told the story well. I cried harder over the tragic death of an old cat than I did at the death of a human that I truly loved. It's odd what will jerk our chain.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I went by and it made me cry . . .

Magazine Man said...

Thanks Jim, and to everyone who visited my blog and shared their kind thoughts. I hate that I've been away from blogging for so long--and hate more that this post was the one that brought me back. The outpouring of love and good wishes from readers old and new means an awful lot to me and mine. Thank you all so very much!--mm

Shrinky said...

Oh Jim, that's so sad. I've stopped in there, and the grief is palpable. I can only imagine the depth of their loss (thank God).

Ananda girl said...

My deepest sympathies to your friend and his family. All I know is how much I love Roxy and how much a part of our lives she is. To lose her, which surely we will, is completely unthinkable.

RingBali said...

great condolence to decease

i beati said...

i take these things so hard- get another get another get another keep the legacy of love rolling.

Shammickite said...

I always cry when somebody's dog dies.

Hilary said...

That's such a heart-breaker but a beautiful tribute to his beloved Blaze.