Friday, October 09, 2009

THANKSGIVING COMES FIRST - Thanks To You




Well, I'm off! You knew that, though, so let me tell you something you didn't know.

I'm leaving. MY WIFE and I will be on vacation for 9 or 10 days. Therefore, if you ever had any plans for breaking into our house, now is the time to do so. If you rob us, would you please take the boa constrictor? He's been nothing but trouble ever since he got to be 12 feet long. Now that he's reached 17-and-a-half... Oh! And don't mind the greenish cloud hovering over the bedroom. That's just a little chemistry experiment I was conducting involving cyanide. By the way, would you please say "Hello!" to our neighbor, Sergeant Wilson of the Watertown Police, and thank him for bringing in our mail every day? Heck, he may even be in the house when you get there, so you might not have to make a special trip next door. If he isn't there, though, and the snake appears a bit chubby, would you turn the snake upside down and kind of shake him? If a badge falls out, I'd appreciate it if you'd call a vet. Thanks!

Before I go, let me tell you about the most wonderful people in the world. Everybody mentioned below has done something to help further the Thanksgiving Comes First cause. I truly can not adequately express my thanks. This means so much to me, and all of you are so kind, I... I...

[tears copiously flow from Jim's eyes]

*sniff*

I'd go on, but I'm getting the snake wet. Here are the places you should visit during my absence.

Desmond Jones directed me to a past post of his that is in the spirit.

Dr. Grumpy has an open letter to President Obama asking that something be done.

My Dedham News, a friend from past campaigns, comes through again.

Ananda Girl at Oodles Of Funch gives us the good write up!

The entirely lovely Thimbelle from Creeping Towards Normal

My good buddy, Buck, from Exile In Portales (unfortunately, a fellow recipient of much recent dental pain, bless him) has posted this.

My Darker Gray Friend, Michelle, at The Surly Writer has written a somewhat bittersweet piece. Go there and cheer her up!

My buddy from The Great White North, Jazz, at Haphazard Life has posted this wonderful piece. I especially like the cartoon.

Diana, from Garden On The Edge somehow managed to work in the subject on her gardening blog, God bless her!

3GirlKnight at By God's Good Grace! has certainly graced me.

Brinkbeest, who is wonderfully Dutch, and thus, while in sympathy, has more of a desire to see Sinterklaas come first, which you'll understand when you read it.

Uncle Skip (not really MY uncle - he just calls himself that) at Rants And Musings has this post. He wants Halloween to come first. I'm down with that, too.

Sarah, at the whimsically-named Que Sarah Sarah, has the logo posted on her sidebar.

It will take many hundreds or thousands of blog postings to make an impact on some of the dolts and cretins who are running major corporations these days. This is a wonderful start, but please urge your readers to do something - anything - to push things further. Putting the logo up is always helpful, even if you don't do a posting of any considerable length.

If I've missed anyone's posts or other contributions to the fray, my apologies. Please drop me a line and tell me about your stuff. I'll make amends.

Anyway, I really do thank you. I'll be back on October 20th. The following will be closer to the truth with each passing day...

Soon, with more better stuff.

[The lovely photo at top was stolen from Meadowmere Resort. If that's what their table looks like, it surely must be a grand place! Why not go there?]


33 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Thank you for the mention. You know I'm there to fight the MAN with this cause. Have a great vacation!

(Sorry, I'm not shaking the boa. Sergeant Wilson will have to fend for himself.)

Brian Miller said...

have a great trip suldog...you have a way of making breaking in a little less inviting...or maybe more like an adventure..lol. Will hit a few of these links to check out the cause. safe travels.

Jazz said...

Well hell. We'll be gone together. I'm off to CA on Sunday. YAY for vacations!!!

Unknown said...

Have a great vacation! Hope you go somewhere fun where there are no red & green decorations up yet! The countdown is on, I'll be posting mine in just 23 days. Hope it has the same impact then because I am in agreement with Uncle Skip about Halloween :-]

Angie Ledbetter said...

Hope the vaycay is all you and THE WIFE want it to be!

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Thanks for the mention.
Hindsight tells me that I totally forgot about Columbus Day, which is kind of important, too.

BTW - does anyone know how many uncles there are on the Web?

i beati said...

They are allowing you to ramble at talk back ..good thing sandy

Ananda girl said...

Ha! Thanks for the link. It was a fun rant for me.

Once again I find that I am sad that I live on my end of the country and not nearer... I'd just love to see that snake!

Enjoy your vacation. Have a blast with "MY WIFE".

Eddie Bluelights said...

Have a great trip, Jim.
Sorry I have been off cuircuit for a while so to speak - been up to my neck in roasts - please to report the smoke is clearing and I shall start writing and commenting again soon.
I will have a look at your latest postings - made a comment last night but it disappeared into hyperspace to the little green men - they will not possible understand it ~ Eddie

Carolina said...

LOL about your burglar-scare-off. If I understand it correctly, Michelle is going to pay your snake a visit ;-)
Thanks for calling me wonderfully Dutch. The truth shall be told, I'm both ;-) Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

lime said...

have a great time!

Gennasus said...

Enjoy your vacation. We'll miss you.

Jeni said...

And this post and all the comments reminds me that I have been a bit (an understatement, to be sure) lax in doing up my own "Thanksgiving First" post too. Gonna have to get cracking on that and do it soon.
Have a great vacatio -and a well-deserved one too.

xxx said...

Wishing you a wonderful holiday and I look forward to meeting your snake :) heeheehee!

Ribbon :)

Thumbelina said...

You do this campaign so well! I just gotta see the dutch one. Going over now...
Enjoyn your holiday!
(Hope the snake doesn;t eat your lion cubs. Who's taking care of those? Or is it sgt Wilson?)

Jackie said...

I hope that you and your wife have a restful and happy vacation. Have a safe trip there and home.
Thinking about you....
Jackie

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Will miss you, Jim...Hope you and your wife have a wonderful and relaxing time!!! BTW, where is that Thanksgiving First Badge...I want one...I'm going to look around your site as soon as I post this comment... All the best to you, my friend! ~Hugs, Janine

Hilary said...

Shaking the boa sounds disturbingly reminiscent of your "What I Learned in High School" post...

Have a great holiday. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Be safe. :)

Kathryn Magendie said...

I am behind and don't know what's happening! but! I am on my way today to visit those blogs *smiling*


And if I break into your house, do you have chocolate? otherwise, I won't bother....

Kathryn Magendie said...

oh and have FUN!

Merisi said...

Oopsie, not that I had any intention of breaking in, I just happened to find the door open! ;-)

Enjoy your vacation! :-)

Woman in a Window said...

Top security at your place. Nice. I hope it works! Enjoy your time and in the meantime...what have I missed while I've been rearranging my life? Thankswhaty?
xo
erin

Daryl said...

Hope you and The Wife have a fabulous time wherever it is you've gone ..

Ali P said...

OOooh Oooh Suldog, check this song out!

http://www.paulandstorm.com/lyrics/the-way-too-early-christmas-song/

Happy Autumn!

Selina Kingston said...

Oh! That's a shame. I've only just found your blog and thought it was rather good.
Was it something I said??

Shrinky said...

Have fun, but hurry back, we're missing you!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just checking in to see if you are back yet!!! Miss you. Hugs, Janine

Shammickite said...

oooo wonder where you went?

Chris Stone said...

Have a great holiday!

*I'm still mulling over a post about Thanksgiving.*

Shammickite said...

Yep, it wuz me, guilty as usual.

Suldog said...

Thank you! The 1913 was one I didn't have yet, so I owe you a good favor. Just ask.

♥ Braja said...

About time you bloody well got back.

OK I admit, I didn't realize you'd gone....

:)))

Shammickite said...

Funny that you should find it in Canada!