Sunday, December 10, 2017

I Hope My Buddy Likes This


About a week ago, I was not a happy camper. But then someone went out of his way to do me a favor. And that's the topic of my column in today's Boston Herald.

Robby and me, prior to a cold game in The Fens about four years ago

He refused any payment for his good deed, so the best I could do was give him some ink. So that's what I've done. And here it is, if you click on the link.

Thanks for stopping by. I do appreciate you reading my stuff, whether here or there or elsewhere.

Soon, with more better stuff.


5 comments:

messymimi said...

My Jalopy would love this story as much as i do. Thanks to Mr. Robby! May you and your beloved Roddy have many more years together.

joeh said...

The inexpensive fix is a feel-good story. The dude with the machine and the wrong diagnosis makes me go Grrrrr, especially when your mechanic friend made it clear that these bad diagnosis(es?) are all too common.

Reminds me when I paid $600 for a new clutch for my Jeep when I realized one year later in all probability all they did was add fluid to the old clutch...that dealer burned to the ground a few years later, I suspect a torch was involved.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Mechanics typically get a bad rap....sometimes it is deserved, although it could have been an honest mistake. I'm willing to give mechanics the benefit of a doubt ~ although I'll get a second opinion for sure for a bill that high. You see, my son is a mechanic, and an honest and hard working one...I'm missing him anyway, but I'm hoping not because my 15 year old vehicle breaks down. I might have to fly him into town to work on mine ~ which has no name, Sully, but I'm pretty sure I have a soul anyway :-)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to Mr. Robby !!! Truly one of the very best Christmas gifts is a true, blue friend like him !!!! Linda in Tn.

Craig said...

Wait. . . Robby fixed Roddy? Coincidence? Perhaps not. . .

My mechanic tells me that the Check Engine light isn't urgent unless it's flashing. I've had numerous instances where I've driven my car for months with the Check Engine light on. . .