Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Two Birds With One Stone


There's this guy who wants to build a wall. Maybe you've heard of him - Donald Trump? Well, I don't think spending all that money for just a wall is a very good investment. Therefore, I have come up with a way we can have both border security AND solve another problem at the same time.

You'll have to go to the Boston Herald to find out what the other problem is, as well as find out how I propose to solve it via Mr. Trump's wall. If I do say so myself - and since no one else is saying it, it must be me - I think it's genius. You shouldn't mind a couple of clicks to reach genius.

As always, I thank you for stopping by here. If you like the piece, and want to share my genius with the world, then remember to click on the little blue Facebook icon and send it on its merry way to your Facebook friends (or enemies, if you think I'm just an idiot.)

Soon, with more better stuff.

 


4 comments:

messymimi said...

A fascinating idea. The only problem would be that the government would be in charge of it. Anything they are in charge of generally gets scary very fast.

Shoshanah marohn said...

It's a good idea. The barbed wire is unnecessary. Just have it be one constant building- all of the houses connected! The biggest continuous group of townhouses in the world! No backyards, though.

Craig said...

What I like about your 'proposal' is the way it puts the costs into perspective (if $15B can ever be put into 'perspective'; I hear the ghost of Everett Dirksen). A 2000-mile wall, or 200,000 houses and guns for the occupants? Clever. . .

But of course, it's totally impractical (which really says something about the original wall proposal too). For one thing, you've got a couple of decent-size rivers to cross. But on the plus side, the terrain is generally flatter and more amenable to wall construction than China's. . . ;)

Suldog said...

Craig - I'm amazed at how some people have taken the proposal entirely in a serious manner. Sure, the math works, and it's fun to think about, but my point was - as you got - to just point out how much more could be done with the money, even if we still want to use it for security purposes in some way. I've often thought that the greatest hindrance to an overreaching government is a populace who can actually do math.