Monday, February 20, 2017

No Clue


That's what I'm giving you today - no clue. That way, you'll have to go to the Boston Herald to find out what I wrote about over there.

Of course, the possibility exists that you'll go there, read a few sentences, then say, "Why the hell would I care about this?" If that's the case, send me a self-addressed stamped envelope and I'll refund your money. But I think you might enjoy it.

In any case, I thank you for continuing to put up with me. God bless and - if you're of a nationality that has a holiday today - enjoy the holiday (whatever it may be called.)

Oops! I think I just gave you a clue, damn it.

Soon, with more better stuff.

6 comments:

Shammickite said...

And here in sunny Ontario, it's Family Day. Enjoy it, whatever you call it. You don't have to go to work today.

messymimi said...

You don't have to feel sorry for the kids in school, they get an extra day in January for Dr. King instead of two in February for presidents, no matter which presidents you celebrate, so they still get two days off. Except here, where they go to school on Presidents' Day and get Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras instead.

Tabor said...

I did go to the article and learned an awful lot about a holiday that I thought I knew.

The Broad said...

When I was a little girl living in Vermont Lincoln's birthday, February 12 and Washington's February 22 were both holidays. Hurray, no school!!! That was, of course, the olden days, when a holiday did not mean shopping!

Craig said...

Yeah, what Mimi said, I guess. . .

They just conflated the two presidents' birthdays into one, and then added MLK Day, so the net effect is still two days of no banks and no mail between Christmas and Easter. . .

Suldog said...

Yeah, but I'd still think I was getting gypped, if I was a kid. If they add another holiday, I expect another day off. I hate school!!!