Sunday, February 12, 2017

Grumpy Old Man Writes Again





MY WIFE sometimes reads my stuff and says, "You sound like a grumpy old man."

I sometimes reply, "True, but I'm a grumpy old man with a sense of humor!"

That sort of exchange applied to her reading of the piece published in today's Boston Herald. In it, I sound like a grumpy old man with a sense of humor.

See for yourself!

Now, if you go there and like what I have to say - that is, if it makes you laugh once or twice, which is my goal - then I'd appreciate it if you tell the Herald so in some way or another. If you have a Facebook account, a good way to do that is to click onto the little blue Facebook link at the bottom of the column and then share the column with others. There are similar links to Twitter, Reddit, and other things that I (being a grumpy old man, albeit with a sense of humor) know nothing about. Or you could leave a comment at the website. Or you could write an actual letter to the editor (which is the ultimate way to tell them you like me and will go far in making up for an abundance of sins - if I've read my Bible correctly, which is always questionable.*)

That's about it from here, so you should go there. And I thank you.

Soon, with more better stuff.

* 1 Peter 4:8 and, of course, using Bible verses for my own enrichment isn't quite right, but then neither am I.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this guy! His headtwarming reminisces and anecdotes are a delightful reprieve. They brighten with humor, what is often, a somber unforgiving world. We sure can use a little light hearted relief. Thsnks, for sharing memories that often strike chords to our own childhood!

The Broad said...

I am grumpy right along with you! And my husband is even grumpier!! Great column my friend!xo

joeh said...

I hate grumpy people!

Suldog said...

Joe - ROTFLMAO.

Shammickite said...

Nice article. Definitely grumpy. And it seems that you're all about self promotion in your blog these days. OK maybe it's me that's grumpy.

Craig said...

I tell my kids that they'll never know the joy of riding in the back of a pickup truck or station wagon, like I did as a kid (they just say back, "what's a station wagon?" Smartasses. . .)

3GKnight said...

I wanna be a grumpy old man when I grow up. Oh... Goal Achieved!