Sunday, August 30, 2015

I Love The Little League World Series




The Little League World Series is my favorite sporting event. I would rhapsodize at length about it here, but
 that would be doing a disservice to the Boston Herald because my wonderful editor over there bought
 my piece about the LLWS and is running it today on the op-ed pages.

If you want to read my rhapsodizing, here's where to go to do so...


If you don't want to go there, I could suggest someplace else to go.
I will not, however, provide a link. It is Sunday and I'm a Christian.
Providing you direct service there, even if you don't want to read my stuff, isn't quite in the spirit of my faith.

As always, buying a hard copy of the paper could pay off.
When I have my Pulitzer Prize party
(sometime in 2029)
presenting a hard copy of today's Herald will entitle you to admission.
And there will be FREE chili dogs, so you should give that your most serious consideration!

I thank you for reading me here.
I thank you even more for reading me there.
I will say a prayer of thanks for you if you leave a kind comment there.
And I'll gladly take the stand and perjure myself in your murder trial, if you write an actual letter to the editor.

Soon, with more better stuff.

(No, I haven't any reasonable explanation for centering my copy today. Just playing with your head.)


6 comments:

Shammickite said...

That was a terrific article. I saw a tiny bit of one of the Little league games on the sports TV news last week, but as I don't subscribe to cable TV, I can't watch any full games. In fact, I can't even watch the Jays games as they are on a cable station. I don't know all the ins and outs of baseball but I do enjoy watching it. I'd rather watch baseball than football, definitely.
Save me a chili dog, will ya?

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

The kids are great.
Baseball's great.
Little League is just a tad too organized from my point of view.
Your column catches all of the good stuff.
Thanks

Jackie said...

I watched a portion of one of the games...and I sat with my jaw dropping as I watched...The poise....the "adultness" (is that a word?) of those players!
Someone commented to me as I was watching the game that the "big league players" learn a lot from watching these young ones play.
I understand completely.
Amazing talent.
Amazing....

messymimi said...

Young players who love and respect the game are always more fun to watch than any professional team. Excellent article.

Shammickite said...

FYI I watched the final between Pennsylvania and japan, loved every minute (when the TV signal wasn't going doolally). So sad at the end, there was a boy crying, I think he was the pitcher. I wanted to hug him. Congratulations to both teams, good game, congrats to Japan. Remind me to watch it again next year Jim!

Anonymous said...

I was so excited that Pearland, Texas was in the finals! So close to my old stomping grounds!