Friday, April 17, 2015

My Weekend Of Introspection






I spent last weekend in a productive fashion. I took every on-line quiz my Facebook friends recommended. Here are some of the things I found out about myself.

I am Linus Van Pelt. I am also The Joker. These results are from “What Peanuts character are you?” and “What Batman villain are you?” I would have preferred Shermy and The Mad Hatter, but I have a sneaking suspicion you couldn't get those answers even if you tried.

In “How well-read are you?”, I scored a bit lower than I expected (especially considering I know who Shermy and The Mad Hatter are.) On the other hand, I was William Burroughs on “What beat writer are you?”, and I guess that's about equal to being Led Zeppelin on “What classic rock band are you?” I've always felt that Howl would sound really cool set to the tune of Smoke On The Water, so I was hoping for Allen Ginsburg and Deep Purple, but I guess you can't have everything in life.

Despite being the only child in my family, I was not spoiled. This answer comes from having owned only 14 of the 100 games and toys asked about on that quiz. Of course, about 50 of them hadn't even been invented when I was a kid, but I don't care. I like the result, so it stands.

My mental age is 34. My wife took the same quiz and her mental age came up as 36. Since we're both in our fifties, it's nice to know we're still hep enough to be only slightly ridiculous to a crowd of teenagers. Those were our ages at the time of our marriage, by the way, so it also means we haven't matured a bit in 23 years.

I would survive for three months in a zombie apocalypse. The unanswered question: Why would I want to?

According to “What were you in a past life?”, I was a farmer. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than being Max from Where the Wild Things Are, which is the children's book character they say I am, but I know it's better than being Dwight Schrute in “Which character are you from The Office?”

How good a friend am I? I'm not just good; I'm great! That's what the quiz said. Some friends I haven't spoken to in 20 years might beg to differ, but to hell with them.

Despite being happily married, I decided to find out “Who's your celebrity zodiac match-up?” Supposedly, it's Tom Cruise. For “Who should I go on vacation with”, I got Benedict Cumberbatch. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's a heck of a lot wrong with that. I decided to get more sexually specific and take a dating test that guaranteed a female answer. I got Jennifer Lawrence. Ding-Ding-Ding! We have a winner! Sorry, Tom. Sorry, Benedict.

Finally, I decided to see what Wizard of Oz character I am. From the rest of this you might think I have no brain and would make a lovely Scarecrow, but I am the Tin Man. Considering Tom Cruise and Benedict Cumberbatch, I'm happy I'm not Dorothy. I'm also glad I'm not Toto (and that goes for the classic rock band answer, too.) What have I learned? Next weekend I'm shutting off my computer.

Soon, with more better stuff.
 

13 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

So... I took one of those quizzes awhile ago and found I act like a 19 year old.

lime said...

Go play some softball! Have fun unplugging :)

Craig said...

"Here are some of the things I found out about myself."

No you didn't. . .

;)

Eddie Colbeth said...

Jimmy, you have taken introspection to a whole new level! Thanks for the laughs!

OldAFSarge said...

Hahaha. I eat those Facebook quizzes up, intentionally give goofy answers and...

They get me, they really do.

NOT!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Getting Jennifer Lawrence for a date is enough to put up with the rest of quizzes. I know that you would show here a good time.

messymimi said...

Sometimes i take those quizzes, but most of the time not. There are certain things i'd really rather not know!

Tabor said...

I keep thinking Russians are building profiles of us from these quizzes to use in some nefarious way.

Juli said...

I admit to have taken a few, but most often I'm like "why the hell would anyone even wonder that?"

Shammickite said...

I have one comment.
WHY?

Mich said...

Nothing to do at work this afternoon, so I have now taken all of those quizzes. I, too, am William Burroughs, and Linus. I am apparently Harley Quinn (which made me happy). I am also apparently not well read whatsoever, which I find interesting as I generally read 2 books per month, and am currently reading 3 books simultaneously.

I am Black Sabbath, was not spoiled, my mental age is 60, I will survive the zombie apocalypse to the end, was a musician in a past life, am the best friend ever, Mariah Carey and I are zodiac soul mates, and I should go on holiday with the person I hate most in the music industry, Taylor Swift.

Also I'm Dorothy Gale, which is ok with me, I love Judy Garland.

Anonymous said...

I never take those quizzes, but you make me want to now!

Daryl said...

lately i have almost no time to read blogs or visit FB so i commend you on taking all those tests ... and of course you being you it was delightful to read about it - i made time because its you xo