Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Red Sox Win World Series


Need I say more? I am now officially satisfied as regards sporting thrills for the remainder of this year. Come 2014, we will discuss the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, and what's left of my softball career.

Meanwhile, a few of the diverse faces of the Sox.



Big Papi - David Ortiz - The best clutch hitter of my generation.




The ultimate dirt dog - Dustin Pedroia.




The utterly amazing Koji Uehara.




My early pick for a future hall-of-famer, 21-year-old Xander Boegarts.




John Lackey. Two years ago, you couldn't find too many Sox fans willing to embrace this pitcher as one of their own. He gutted it out through injury. worked like hell itself on his rehab, and threw some of the most important innings in this championship run. Now he is one of ours forevermore and bad words spoken about him will be met with scorn and derision by the faithful of Fenway.


I could put up the photos of about 23 more guys, but to hell with that. I'm celebrating.

Soon, but it doesn't get much better than this.

22 comments:

Joe said...

CITY OF CHAMPIONS!! BOSTON STRONG!! Need I say more? Congrats Red Sox!!

Jackie said...

For some reason, Blogger isn't letting me comment, but I will try again (3rd time could be the charm!).
Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Congrats on the win. Way back when in central Utah and later the White Mountains of Arizona I was a big Red Sox fan and was very disappointed when they lost the Series to the Cardinals back then so it was nice to the Red Sox win this one.

Craig said...

Congratulations t'yer Sawx. Tough team. Love that Pedroia guy (grudgingly; but he's a ballplayer, pure and simple). Lackey outdueling Verlander is probably one of the biggest reasons why you're celebrating, and I'm not. . .

And Xander Bogaerts has got to be one of the great sports names of all time. . .

Go ahead and bask. . .

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Boston deserves the chance to celebrate.
How appropriate that they won in their own ballpark.
Congratulations to the Red Sox.

messymimi said...

Congratulations to you and your team! Enjoy your celebration.

OldAFSarge said...

Awfully sweet wasn't it?

Love them Sox!

Michelle H. said...

Congrats!

Buck said...

Very cool. Are you hungover?

Chris said...

Congrats. One more title and they'll be one-third of the way toward catching the Yankees.

Bah.

Suldog said...

Don't comment so loud...

Suldog said...

What's the score THIS century?

Suldog said...

"My" first World Series was '67, when the Sox lost to the Cardinals in 7. It was somewhat scarring to the 10-year-old I was. As a result, I will NEVER get enough of the Sox beating the Cardinals.

Anonymous said...

I could hear you cheering all the way down here!!! Congratulations!

silly rabbit said...

Wonderful thrill ride! I could not possibly be any happier! Yay Boston! Yay beards! Yay Red Sox!

Hilary said...

I'm very happy for you. :)

Sandi McBride said...

Good going for the Sox! Good going for Boston...I consider myself Boston Strong...maybe South Boston Strong? Way to go
Sandi

Shammickite said...

Congrats to you and the Red Sox chaps, they couldn't have done it without your loud support in front of the telly. Next year its the Blue Jay's turn. Wait and see!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I was at a conference in New Orleans when I heard the news, and wanted to send you a hearty "congratulations!", but my smart phone picked that moment to be stupid. Enjoy!

Eddie Bluelights said...

Congrats, Jim, they sound a great bunch of guys and quite a team. As we Brits say,

"Three cheers for the Sox,
Hip Hip - Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!"

Suldog said...

Eddie! So nice to hear from you! Do you have a favorite club (I mean where you are, not where I am)? In honor of you making an appearance in my comments section once again, I'll be a rooter for them for one season, no questions asked!

Eddie said...

Yes Jim, Bath Rugby Union Club. We are 2nd in the league tables so come on man . . . . . . start cheering LOL