Sunday, March 04, 2018

61




No, this isn't a post about Roger Maris.

(Baseball fans got that. If you aren't one, don't worry. There won't be a quiz or anything.)

61 is how old I became on Friday.

(Well, I became that old over the course of approximately 61 years. It became official on Friday.)

That's enough of whatever that was. My column in today's Boston Herald is about the age I officially became on Friday. If you'll read it, that would be swell. If you don't, I'll still be 61. Here comes a wonderful link to get you there (or for you to utterly ignore if you don't want to go there.)

WONDERFUL LINK

OK, see you later. Thanks for coming.

Soon, with more better stuff.



7 comments:

Shammickite said...

I'll happily send you a birthday card, Jim, but sorry, no cash tucked inside. 61 is a pretty good age for a chap who has lived the high life like you admit to. Congratulations on achieving this venerable age.... but I suspect the real congratulations are for YOUR WIFE who has been a huge part of keeping you going! Happy Birthday Jim!
BTW hope you survived the stormy weather over the past couple of days.

Kay G. said...

Hey Jimmy!
I loved that post, thanks for the link!
I will be 61 in April, you just beat me to it.
Like you, I am grateful for all the time on God's green Earth.
(Haven't heard that expression in some time...God's green Earth, wonder why.)

61 homeruns in 1961 by Roger Maris. That should be easy for anyone to remember. It broke Babe Ruth's record of 60 in 1927. (That is also easy to remember because my Dad was born in 1927.)

Kay G. said...

I must be almost 61...I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day !! Just the kind of post I needed today. How did you get to be such a "riot" in only 61 years ?? Linda in Tn.

messymimi said...

Wishing you many, many happy returns of the day. If i ever get rich, i promise to send a card with something in it, i like to share and you and your wife are one couple i would enjoy sharing with.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

?•*¨*•. ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫.•*¨*• ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪♪ ♫•*¨*•..•*¨*•♫ ♪♪♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY tO yOu ♫♪♪♫ hApPy BiRtHdAy To YoU ♪♫♫♪♫♪♪ ♪♫HaPpY bIrThDaY♫♪♪♫ ♫♪♪♫ dEaR sUlDoG ♪♫♫♪♫♪♪ ?•*¨*•. ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫.•*¨*• ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪♪ ♫•*¨*•..•*¨*•♫ ♪♪♫♪HaPpY bIrThDaY tO yOu ♫♪♪♫ ♪♫♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫ ♫♪♪♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫ ♪ ♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.♫♪♪♫.•*¨*• ♪♫♫♪♫♪♪ •*
♫♪♪♫.•*¨*•?and many more!• ♪♫♫♪♫♪♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪♪ ♫•*¨*•.♫♪♪♫.•*¨*• ♪♫♫♪♫♪♪ •*
♫♪♪♫.•*¨*♪♫♫♪♫♪♪ •*

Craig said...

See, last year, when I turned 61, my wife and kids threw me a 'reverse sweet 16' party, so 61 ain't such a dull number as all that. . .