Sunday, March 20, 2016

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!





Yeah, I know it's not March 17th, but the Boston Herald doesn't, so shhhhhhh!

No, actually they're right on top of things. They know this isn't really Saint Patrick's Day. But they were kind enough to print MY Saint Patrick's Day column today, so it's MY time for the wearin' o' the green. Or, more accurately, the makin' o' the green, since I always appreciate being paid.

So, why not go to the Boston Herald website and see why in hell they're running a Saint Patrick's Day column on March 20th?

(I won't keep you in suspense. Today is the day for Boston's annual Saint Patrick's Day parade in South Boston, so that's why my column is running today. Don't let my divulging of this information stop you from heading over there to read me, though. I give away that information in the first few sentences and the rest of the column isn't about the parade, per se.)

As always, I thank the five or six of you who still come around here in hopes of finding something that doesn't send you elsewhere to read. Despite how I keep sending you away, I truly do appreciate you coming here.

Soon, with more better stuff.

P.S. The cartoon above is mine. Don't let it deter you from going to the Herald website. The column is better (as it would just about have to be, of course.)


3 comments:

Shammickite said...

No Irishness in my heritage at all, at all! Just high quality Brit. But you'll be happy to know I wore a sweater with green stripes on 17th, but I didn't drink any green beer. Nice article Jim lad.

Jackie said...

Went there.
Read that.
Smiled.
Commented.
Left.
Came here.
Saw your drawing.
Smiled.
Kudos to you, my friend.

sandyland said...

loved it I've always adored everything about the day and oh by the way I fell in love on St Patrick's Day once